Advocate Rajas Pingle is a renowned cyber crime lawyer – advocate in India. Rajas has more than 12 years wonderful experience in cases related to Cyber Crime Law and Intellectual Property Rights. His heading the Cyber Law litigation and compliance practice. He advises clients from India and abroad.
Advocate Rajas Pingle
Advocate Rajas Pingle
International Cyber Law, Data Protection and Privacy Expert
In a nutshell there is only one word which defines me, ‘TechnoLawgy’. My expertise in Technology law and Data Protection/Privacy Law in International domain succors in providing customized solutions and creative problem solving methodologies in the niche field of Information Technology Law and Date Protection/Privacy.
Partner at Netlawgic Legal Service LLP, Pune
2011 — PRESENT
Litigation – Technology, Privacy and IP Law
● Over 12 years of wonderful hands on experience on cases pertaining to unauthorized copying of data/source code (data theft), Bitcoins and Prevention of Money Laundering Act, Denial of Service, Identity Theft, Net Banking Frauds, Credit Card Frauds, Phishing, Man in the Middle Attack, Cyber Stalking, Cyber Defamation, Transmitting Obscene Content, Liability of an Intermediary, Invasion of Privacy and Intellectual Property Rights litigation.
● Working as a Practicing lawyer Hon’ble High Court of Bombay in the Pune District and Sessions Court, and Hon'ble Adjudicating officer, Mantralaya, Mumbai for matters pertaining to Information Technology Law and Economic Offences.
● Acted as a Legal Counsel and provided legal advisory and handled more than 300 court cases related to multiple Corporates and MNCs such as, Qtalk Publishing LLC, New York, Bajaj Finserv, Engine Lab, Ireland, Infuse Media, Rocket AI, Emcure Pharmaceuticals, Alfa Laval, Ferrero India, Bank of Maharashtra, Arhan Technology Private Limited, etc. Also, helped in developing their legal framework in accordance with reasonable security practices under Information Technology Act, 2000 and rules they're under.
● Extensive hands on experience in handling high profile and public exposure cases, such as Cosmos Bank Malware Attack Case involving $11.4 Million, Crypto Currency fraud case amounting to INR 2000 Crores($307 Million) Extensive research and knowledge on blockchain analysis, DSK fraud case amounting to INR 2043 Crores ($350 Million), Bank of Maharashtra crypto currency fraud case pertaining to INR 29 Crores($4.5 Million USD), $500,000 USD case pertaining to 'Change in banking details scam'.
●Experience of working with law enforcement authorities in International Cyber Crime cases, such as, handled legal communication related to a case with FBI, USA, wherein I drafted and sent Letter Rogatory to more than 40 countries. Providing legal guidance and assistance to Law Enforcement Agencies in countless cases for the Investigation and prosecution of Cyber Crime cases across India. Official Legal Advisor for Cyber Crime Police Station, Maharashtra Police.
● Successfully closed a lot of cases and recovered compensation for the client, such as, recovered USD $400,000 in compensation from an American company in the case relating to ‘change of bank details fraud', INR 1.25 Crore compensation from a Japanese Company for unauthorized copying of data, INR 50,00,000 in compensation from a Bank for not following reasonable security practices.
●Providing litigation support to Clients for the cases (IT Law) filed before Courts in Texas, USA and Puerto Rico, USA .
Data Protection and Privacy Compliance
● Provided consultation on matters related to Indian Data Protection and Privacy requirements to various renowned Corporates.
● Provided consultation on matters related to Data Privacy/GDPR/CCPA/PIPEDA/PRIVACY SHIELD to various renowned Corporates, such as Dubai, UAE based healthcare and wellness start-up. Implemented Privacy road map and framework for various Corporates which included drafting their in-house privacy policies, processes, terms of service and other documentation based on the applicable Privacy Law requirements. Implemented Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures, 2011 Rules under Information Technology Act and Reserve Bank of India’s Cyber Security Framework.
Banking, NBFCs and Commercial
● Handled Arbitration proceedings for the clients, such as Bank of Maharashtra pertaining to Information Technology Law.
● Registration and Compliance for Financial Information Users.
● Compliance management of Indian Information Technology Laws and Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures for International companies having a local presence or looking to set up offices in India.
Adjunct Professor at SP Jain Global Management School, Dubai and Singapore
NOVEMBER 2016 — PRESENT
Acting as an Adjunct Professor (Singapore and Dubai Campus) for SP Jain Global Management School - Singapore, Dubai, Sydney and London. Lecturing on the topics related to Jurisdiction in Cyber Space, Data Protection and Privacy, Freedom of Speech in Cyber Space, Types of Cyber Crimes, Electronic Evidence, Crypto Currencies, IPR and Technology Laws in various countries across the globe.
APRIL 2011 — PRESENT
Conducted several training and awareness sessions pertaining to Information Technology Law, Electronic Evidence, Cyber Crimes, Data Protection and Privacy for
● Several Law Enforcement Agencies - Trained more than 60000 Police Officers, some Judiciaries and Public Prosecutors in Cyber Law so far.
● Government Organizations (National Insurance Academy Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises Public Prosecutors of Maharashtra and Goa, Maharashtra Police Training Center, Maharashtra Cyber Labs, etc.)
● Financial Institutions (Reserve Bank of India (IDRBT), Bank of Maharashtra HDFC Bank, Co-operative Banks and NBFCs), Indian Educational Institutes and NGOs.
BSL LLB , ILS Law College
2006 — 2011
Diploma in Cyber Laws, Asian School of Cyber Laws
Post Graduate Diploma in Cyber Law , Asian School of Cyber Laws
Certified Cyber Crime Investigator, Asian School of Cyber Laws
Certified Ethical Hacker , EC Council - USA
Post Graduate Diploma in IPR , NLSIU
Certified Cyber Security Engineer , ROCHESTON
Appeared on many news shows to talk on Cyber Crime and Information Technology Law. Quoted numerous times by English and Local newspapers.
Awards and Recognition
● Invited by Government of Canada to speak on Cyber Security Laws.
● Invited by Rajya Sabha Committee (Parliamentary committee) for examining the issue of “Cyber Pornography". Shared a note on the subject matter for possible amendments to Information Technology Act, 2000.
● Invited by Election Commission of India to talk on online fake news and use of social media in elections.
● Invited as a chief guest at Maharashtra Cyber, Thane.
● Recipient of Cyber Suraksha Award 2017
● Received appreciation letters from Deputy Commissioner of Police, Cyber Crime.
● Mentioned as a Super Lawyer on SuperLawyer.in
● Memento from Reserve Bank of India (IDRBT), Government of Canada, Maharashtra State Police, Maharashtra Intelligence Academy, Telangana State Police, Maharashtra Judicial Academy, Yashada, Food and Drug Administration Member of Cyber Safe Week Campaign (Joint Initiative Pune Police & NASSCOM - DSCI)
● Represented Pune Police at various Cyber Safety Campaigns Delivered Lectures on Cyber Awareness for public organized by Rotary Club. Delivered talks on Cyber Safety for public in association with various NGO's.
● Mementos for delivering lectures at various schools, colleges and other Educational institutes.