Intellectual Property Law
Intellectual Property (IP) law services are legal services that help companies and individuals protect and enforce their intellectual property rights. These rights can include patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. IP law firms specialize in providing legal services related to the creation, registration, protection, and enforcement of intellectual property rights. Some of the main services that IP law firms provide include:
- Patent prosecution: Legal services related to the filing, prosecution, and maintenance of patents. This includes conducting patentability searches, drafting patent applications, and representing clients in patent office proceedings.
- Trademark registration and enforcement: Legal services related to the registration, maintenance, and enforcement of trademarks. This includes conducting trademark searches, filing trademark applications, and representing clients in trademark office proceedings and litigation.
- Copyright registration and enforcement: Legal services related to the registration, maintenance, and enforcement of copyrights. This includes filing copyright applications, representing clients in copyright office proceedings and litigation, and advising clients on copyright infringement issues.
- Trade secret protection: Legal services related to the protection of trade secrets, including the drafting of confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and the representation of clients in trade secret disputes.
- Licensing and assignments: Legal services related to the negotiation, drafting, and enforcement of licensing and assignment agreements for intellectual property rights.
- IP due diligence: Legal services related to the investigation of the intellectual property rights of a company or individual in connection with a merger, acquisition, or other business transaction.
- IP litigation: Legal services related to the litigation of intellectual property disputes, including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret infringement cases.
- IP strategy: Legal services related to advising clients on the development and implementation of an intellectual property strategy that aligns with the client’s business goals.
We have a team of lawyers who specialise in different areas of IP law and have the knowledge and experience to provide comprehensive legal services to clients in various industries.
Trade/Service marks, Copyrights and Designs
IPR Legislation in India:
- The Trade and Merchandise Marks Act, 1958 (“TM Act, 1958”) has been replaced by the Trade Marks Act, 1999,
- The Copyright Act, 1957 has been amended to protect computer programs as “literary work”;
- The Patent Act, 1970 has been amended by the Amendment Acts of 1999 and 2002 and 2005;
- The Designs Act of 1911 has been completely replaced by the Designs Act of 2000
In today’s digital world IPR is the most valuable asset for an individual or an organisation.
- Software Protection & Licensing
- License agreements
- Domain name disputes
- Online fair use